Reishi – The Mushroom of Immortality
Reishi, also known as Ling Zhi and Ganoderma Lucidum, is found in many parts of the world on a wide variety of trees. It has also been called by a number of other names including “God’s Herb” and “10000 Year Mushroom”.
Many tonic herbalists agree that if everyone was taking reishi, the world would be a much better place. It increases your sense of well-being and may enhance your personal evolution.
It has the highest reputation in China and surrounding areas, even being displayed along with gods and goddesses in their artwork and temples, like on top of the pinnacle in the middle in the art below.
Among the medicinal mushrooms, reishi has been studied more than any other, because of it historic reputation.
- Benefits Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Cardiovascular Protection
- Reduces Stress
- Modulates Immune System
- Supports Kidneys, Liver, Lungs and the Brain
- Blood Sugar Balancing
- Helpful with Arthritis
- Premiere Qi and Shen Tonic Herb according to Chinese Medicine
Reishi’s active constituents include:
- Beta Glucans
- Triterpenes (including Ganoderic and Ganoderenic Acids)
- Ling Zhi-8 Protein
More than 100 distinct polysaccharides and 119 triterpenoids have been isolated from reishi! While reishi has been the subject of many studies, only a fraction of these compounds were investigated for their full effects.
4 Reishi Powdered Blend
This isn’t just one reishi, but includes four different varieties all mixed together in one blend:
- Red Reishi
- Purple Reishi
- Black Reishi
- White Reishi
Each of these mushrooms is likely to have slightly different benefits, thus giving you a broader range of effects.
This powder is an extract, made to be fully soluble in water. Great to mix into hot liquid for a coffee or tea like a drink. Or even add it directly to coffee or tea.
Our reishi powder has a slightly bitter-sweet, woody taste.
The recommended dose is 1/2 to 1 teaspoon taken once or twice per day. There are 50 teaspoons per 100-gram bag.
- MycoMedicinals: An Informational Treatise on Mushrooms by Paul Stamets
- Ganoderma lucidum inhibits tumour cell proliferation and induces tumour cell death
- A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study of Ganoderma lucidum Polysaccharides in Patients with Advanced Lung Cancer
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibition and in vitro and in vivo antioxidant activities of Ganoderma lucidum grown on germinated brown rice.
- Antioxidant and immunoregulatory activity of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide (GLP).
- Probing Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (higher Basidiomycetes): a bitter mushroom with amazing health benefits.
- Anti-tumor effects of Ganoderma lucidum (reishi) in inflammatory breast cancer in in vivo and in vitro models.
- Reishi Protein LZ-8 Induces FOXP3(+) Treg Expansion via a CD45-Dependent Signaling Pathway and Alleviates Acute Intestinal Inflammation in Mice.
- Immunomodulatory effect of ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides (GLP) on long-term heavy-load exercising mice.
- Anticonvulsant and neuroprotective effects of oligosaccharides from Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum (Higher Basidiomycetes).
- Hypoglycemic effects of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides in type 2 diabetic mice.
- Sacchachitin, a novel chitin-polysaccharide conjugate macromolecule present in Ganoderma lucidum: purification, composition, and properties.
- Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment.
- Ganoderma lucidum: a potential for biotechnological production of anti-cancer and immunomodulatory drugs.
Product of USA
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Disclosure & Other Legal Mumbo-jumbo. We love that you’re enjoying the cool stuff here. Our crack legal staff (a/k/a the cat) tells us we should let you know that you should assume the owner of this website is an affiliate for people, business (imaginary creatures, including but not limited to unicorns, elves, demigods and all manner of fairies) who provide goods or services mentioned on this website and in the videos or audio (or smoke signals). The owner (that’d be me, writing in the third person, but shhh, don’t tell) may be compensated if you buy stuff from a provider. That said, your trust means everything to us and we don’t ever recommend anything lightly (with the exception of when we’re bribed with organic dark chocolate, because on those occasions anything goes!). Capisce! Cheers 🙂